The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 6 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

TM
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 pm by TM
Live from Canton MS, headed south for a small show in New Orleans and a private function at a hospital in Gulfport. Things are slowing down just a bit only these two and three others going on in the next week, then a bfair sized show in Chicago over Thanksgiving and another the week after in Vegas and I'm done for the year.
TM
Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 pm by TM
Well our Island sure has been slow lately. As much my fault as anyone, it just seems there are always things I need to do. Maybe everyone is in shock since the election. Me well I've got two big shows between now and the 9th or so of Dec. and that just ain't that far away.
TM
Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 pm by TM
The Windy City

Life and times of TM - Page 6 DSCN2672

Life and times of TM - Page 6 DSCN2670

clouddancer
Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:37 pm by clouddancer
There's lots of light pollution there, isn't there?

How is the noise level at night???

Pretty pictures though, thanks...
TM
Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 pm by TM
Pretty noisy if you're outside but the hotel is quiet. Yeah, lots of lights.

I'll try to get some shots at a different time when the lights aren't on.
clouddancer
Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:13 pm by clouddancer
TM wrote:
Pretty noisy if you're outside but the hotel is quiet. Yeah, lots of lights.

I'll try to get some shots at a different time when the lights aren't on.

No, no, no...I like the night shots...it's just that when I looked at the shot of the intrsection it looked almost like "High Noon"...Life and times of TM - Page 6 481776072
Anonymous
Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 am by Guest
Happy Thanksgiving TM. Hope you have some friends that you can share this day with. No fun being away from loved ones on a holiday.
TM
Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 am by TM
Thanks CT and a happy Thanksgiving to you too. And yeah it isn't what I would choose but hey, I'm thankful to have the work and things are what they are so no crying here. I'm hardly the only one. Looks to be a pretty nice day out so I may try to get out and take some pictures.
TM
Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 pm by TM
Isn't it amazing what a phone call can do ? I just got a call from a very dear old friend and just to hear the voice has lifted my spirits. Not that I was sad or anything but just the sound of that human voice is golden.
clouddancer
Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 pm by clouddancer
TM wrote:
Isn't it amazing what a phone call can do ? I just got a call from a very dear old friend and just to hear the voice has lifted my spirits. Not that I was sad or anything but just the sound of that human voice is golden.

It's a wonderful feeling...my best friend from Nursing School lives in Georgia now and it's like that for us...we do keep in touch per the internet but it's something about hearing her voice that is so fulfilling....Life and times of TM - Page 6 2799
TM
Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 pm by TM
I'm thinking this would be a great day to leave early.
Lindy
Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 pm by Lindy
By golly-I do believe that's a splendid idea.Have a great afternoon.
clouddancer
Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:04 pm by clouddancer
TM wrote:

OK!!!!!!! So where are we going????? Are we there yet????? Are we LOST!!?????????????Shocked
TM
Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:19 pm by TM
clouddancer wrote:
TM wrote:

OK!!!!!!! So where are we going????? Are we there yet????? Are we LOST!!?????????????Shocked

Going home is good with me, we weren't but we are, and no, quite centrally located actually. Life and times of TM - Page 6 44355
clouddancer
Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:33 pm by clouddancer
Life and times of TM - Page 6 561660 Smart A$$!!!!!!!!!!! Life and times of TM - Page 6 8997 OOooooo, the tears!!!!!!!Life and times of TM - Page 6 473245
TM
Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 pm by TM
Why does it have to be so hard to talk to some ?
clouddancer
Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 pm by clouddancer
TM wrote:
Why does it have to be so hard to talk to some ?

Ida know..."What chew talkin' 'bout"??????
TM
Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 pm by TM
I don't know Cloudy, don't you have people that you know that you would like to be able to just sit down and have an open and honest conversation with ? Both for them and you. But for one reason or another you can never get it done. I have more than one myself.
Sunny
Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am by Sunny
I don't believe it's unusual for most folks at one time or another. Sometimes I think it's because we don't know how another will interpret what it is we try to convey and therefore are afraid we will be offensive or misunderstood. Is the timing right, etc. All we can do is be honest from the get go and explain what it is that makes it so difficult and then proceed. Easier said than done, I know, but can't think of anything else that may help.
TM
Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:31 pm by TM
WOW, just got a labor call for 8 to 10 guys for 3 days. Huge from my perspective and should be able to walk away with a very nice piece of change. Now I have to find 10 guys that can do the work and have some common sense.

If you know anyone who might fit, let me know. $30 an hour straight,$45 overtime. Anyone a little handy with fixing things up or construction would probably be fine.
clouddancer
Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:18 pm by clouddancer
Criminy...your crews make more than an RN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Clap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 pm by Guest
there ya go Cloudy. just volunteer. LOL
TM
Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 pm by TM
What can I say, there is decent money in events.
clouddancer
Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm by clouddancer
Well, I lied, sort of....down in Nawlins I made around $50K a year and Florida was about $42K. But the real Witch was that when we all went to Nawlins I was making $12.58/hr for working nights and weekends...you get bonuses for both...ten years later and with 10 more years ICU experience I went to Hospice and made $18.47/hr...............kind of torqued me.....a >$20K a year pay cut to come home...
Mystroy
Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm by Mystroy
What the hell, TM? Are you a millionaire?

J/K. Hey, I ain't mad atchya. Truth be told, the way you show kindness, noone should even ask.

(Right now wishes she was an able bodied hard working male, LOL)
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: