The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 3 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

Anonymous
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 pm by Guest
Forget it TM. Forget everything. Not worth it and it's over. Do what you want
TM
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:47 pm by TM
Another day in the paradise known as home ownership. Always something to do, always something needs fixed.
Lindy
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:13 pm by Lindy
Tell me about it.Chuck ripped the fridge out of its spot today to put in a dishwasher(after all these years)We have a small kitchen but I swear we have the biggest dang fridge ever made!!He had to have it Life and times of TM - Page 3 473245 Really,he.
So next is the dishwasher and the new countertops. Life and times of TM - Page 3 589968629 Then we have to redo the back bath.
I guess we are fortunate to have a place to live TM. Life and times of TM - Page 3 18255
TM
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 pm by TM
Yes indeed we are very fortunate. And really nothing that is getting done here is anything that HAS to be done. We could survive without most of it.
Lindy
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:04 pm by Lindy
Yep-Well,I really want the dishwasher. rofl3
TM
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 pm by TM
Just one word of advice. If Chuck loads that sucker, you let him put those dishes in there any way he wants to.
Lindy
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:39 pm by Lindy
I promise,I will Life and times of TM - Page 3 247752
TM
Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 am by TM
I want to say something and I don't know exactly how I want to go about it. I don't want to offend anyone. I guess the only way is to start writing.

I want to say a word or two about the barbs that are tossed back and forth. I love 'em. I do it as much as anyone and it's always in good clean fun. I think a lot of folks enjoy reading the banter and throwing in their two cents. There are times though....Times when the banter is all there is and while I love the back and forth , I don't know how else to say this, it gets old when that is all there is. It's this man's opinion that we all need to donate a bit of positive into our relationships. For my part, yes I'm still going to slam some folks from time to time but I am also going to make a concentrated effort to let those same folks know that I value them as a friend. Let them know that I value their opinions even if I don't agree with those opinions.
Lindy
Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:11 am by Lindy
Most of us have been here a long time and we have had plenty of fun with the banter.When it is used to distance us from one another,its no longer fun and is not appreciated at all.IMO
clouddancer
Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 am by clouddancer
Well, OK...Right now I'm not going to be a very productive member of this society...I am sick to death of being the one to put on my happy/cheerful mask every day and help other people that need those words at the time. I DO NOT resent doing this in any way...I just have my limits, like anyone else...like when I went to nights and was no longer responsible for my own team of patients, but rather the entire organization all night long.

Right now I need to be quiet within myself...I need the "plumber" (my hardback journal) to come and work on the beautiful fountain that is ME. You see, the return feed is broken once again and without new water to spray out of my fountain I am starving...it's time I looked out for me...and if that means someone else suffers I am sorry...but this is a matter of my own life and death...my soul, for without it I'm just another soulless zombie replica of a human bean.
TM
Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 pm by TM
Cloudy, I for one want you do to whatever it is that you need to do for you. If you don't do it every now and then you can go nuts.
clouddancer
Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm by clouddancer
Ummmmm, TM...not GO...GONE!!! rofl3 Life and times of TM - Page 3 954502033
TM
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:02 am by TM
What is it with people ? I mean, aren't there people in most if not all of our lives that just seem to be so far out from what and how a normal person thinks. ( See page 13 for the definition of normal.......once I figure it out. )You wonder if some of the things they say, they don't actually believe.But why would anyone believe something that they had no evidence of ? When they had seen the opposite with their own eyes . Even been a participant/recipient of the good in people. I personally think it has a lot to do with a person's self worth. I think there are those who really are so insecure in themselves that it' almost like a defense mechanism to them. Now what makes a person that insecure is anyone's guess. Maybe they have done things in their life that they aren't proud of. Hey welcome to the club, you ain't special. Everyone has done things they weren't proud of. The saying " If you're stuck in a hole, QUIT DIGGING !" comes to mind. They HAVE to bring you down to a level that they can feel above and at the same time they lower themselves even more. I really just don't get the hate. I can see deciding you don't want to associate with someone. I can see disliking someone. But I can't see fabricating things. And I can't see diggin' up bones. Situations change, people change. While one is stupid to forget the past there is nothing to be gained from continually bringing back. Once something has been put to bed it should be left there.

I just don't get people sometimes but then I'm sure they don't get me either.
Anonymous
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:30 am by Views
Perhaps it's more to do with the way they've been treated or feel they've been treated. Sometimes what one perceives to be true is very true to that person. If one feels offended by what has been said or done, and those same things continue on, then it could be wherein lies the problem. Just because you don't see something the same way others do, doesn't make it any less real to them. Other people's feeling matter to them just as much as your own does to you. Just because you see something one way doesn't mean that it's not different for someone else. None of us are God. Each of us see things differently. Something you might take offense to is something others don't. Or what they see as an attack against them, you might not see it that way. Thus. isn't how one sees things from their own point of view the way things are to them? Yes, people do change, but things that cause them to hurt are very real to them, and when those things are proven to be the way they are seen and not set right, that leads to resentment. That resentment continues to fester until one of two things happen.....(1) either things are set right or (2) it is no longer about one little issue, but a series of them, and usually the main things are forgotten. Is it any one person's fault? Yes and No.

Yes, because those involved refused to see the other's point and go into discussions with closed minds. Nothing can ever be resolved this way, and it ends up with one feeling even trying to resolve things are useless.

No because once communication breaks down, nothing will ever be resolved. Sometimes the proof one wants isn't something that the other wants to share or the parties simply refuse to see what is there. Until both are willing to look at things from the other person's point of view, nothing changes. Perhaps one sees or knows something that the other is refusing to see or doesn't want to hear.

Right or wrong....agree or disagree. Everyone is entitled to how they feel and how they see things. Just because it's not how you do, doesn't make their feelings any more real. Some have a harder time letting go of past hurts because they know it doesn't have to be the way things turn out.

TM
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 am by TM
Yes everyone is entitled to how they feel. That isn't where the problems come in. What people are not entitled to do is to totally fabricate things that they know are not true. Case in point: This years charity drive was cancelled as you all know. While everyone has the right to say how I blew it, no one has the right to claim that I pocketed the money. Especially when that person knew the history and had a hand in picking the previous years recipient. It's no secret that there are three people who have left here that hate me. That's alright, I don't care if they hate me but hate doesn't give a person the right to say whatever they want to about me or anyone else. The other thing is, I don't hate any of the three. I hate liver and onions, there are no people that I feel hatred towards. Even now. Some folks make me wonder if they really aren't crazy but I don't hate them and I'm not making up lies about them.
clouddancer
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:31 am by clouddancer
Hello CT. Did ya ever stop to look at the interactions between others and the one you seem to have the problems with??? Does anyone else have the same kind of problems you do??? Thus, did you ever stop to think it might be just YOU that has the problem and only you??? scratch

And CT, leave MY alone, she has enough problems and doesn't need you meddling in her life and trying to make her more scared.

And leave the rest of us alone please, especially me.
Lindy
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 am by Lindy
Sometimes,no matter what you do,some will always feel offended.They stay in that box so to speak.Where the breakdown comes in is when you try and try and those ones want to stay in that box.Alot of people on here have given up precious time from their other family and friends to try to help and it never happens.At that point you have to make a decision to move on.Unfortunatly the people in the box never give real credit and acknowledge that some have given much time and effort to them.They aren't really concerned on how you are.Oh ,they make give a short comment,but they never really want to know.They take your heart and never give back.Thats when its time to move on.
Anonymous
To views
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 am by TM clone
This type of activity only make matters worse. When a member post as a guest there is an issue either with the poster or the motive. Just how I see it.

(TM)
Sunny
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 pm by Sunny
Lindy wrote:
Sometimes,no matter what you do,some will always feel offended.They stay in that box so to speak.Where the breakdown comes in is when you try and try and those ones want to stay in that box.Alot of people on here have given up precious time from their other family and friends to try to help and it never happens.At that point you have to make a decision to move on.Unfortunatly the people in the box never give real credit and acknowledge that some have given much time and effort to them.They aren't really concerned on how you are.Oh ,they make give a short comment,but they never really want to know.They take your heart and never give back.Thats when its time to move on.

Indeed it is, Lindy, and I would like to make one more observation. When a person sincerely tries from the bottom of their heart to help, heal, advise and offer sincere understanding and empathy over and over again to no avail, without the other making a "real" concerted effort for change it shows a lack of respect for the giver. Excuses become stale, apologies become worthless, etc. It becomes frustrating, a waste of time and negative influence on one's life and well being. It becomes frustrating as there always seems to be another "shoe to drop", point of argument made, misplaced blame thus turning it all into some kind of exercise in one up gamemanship. Finally, it becomes obvious there is no real end to it and all efforts are fruitless, so why bother.
Everyone, no doubt, has and has witnessed people overcome many obstacles on life's journey, that's just part of being alive.
Few do it flying solo, but through faith, with the help, encouragement and understanding of others who wish the best for them. If people are not willing or do not care enough one for the other to share the God given gift of humility or show one to the other common humanity, but instead choose to constantly tear others down and always question motive, believe in "my way or the highway", and garner some kind of sick kick out of stirring the pot and pointing fingers then relationships falter and all trust is finally lost.
This sickness, these games or whatever is as if ammunition is continually provided, one way or another so the gun remains loaded and it will not stop firiing until all the targets have fallen.
Think about it.
Mystroy
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:33 pm by Mystroy
clouddancer wrote:
Hello CT. Did ya ever stop to look at the interactions between others and the one you seem to have the problems with??? Does anyone else have the same kind of problems you do??? Thus, did you ever stop to think it might be just YOU that has the problem and only you??? scratch

And CT, leave MY alone, she has enough problems and doesn't need you meddling in her life and trying to make her more scared.

And leave the rest of us alone please, especially me.

Cloudy, we're all going through stuff. I appreciate the concern, but I'm still here for my Fam, no matter how loopy I get. Hopefully, you were just joking around. CT can talk to me whenever she likes. What's weird is I didn't even see her post on here.. rofl3
Anonymous
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:30 pm by Guest
Mystroy. I posted as a guest (view) because I was not signed on and wanted to respond to what TM said. I was NOT having a problem, nor did I have any ulterior motive. I was answering what TM had posted, without signing in because it doesn't allow you to post as yourself unless you sign in. It was mch easier to read his blog that way. This is the first I even read anything since I took a break from here. But, since he asked, I felt that perhaps he wanted to look at it from the other side. Instead, I got jumped on for my post. Yep. so much for that rule. The reason I took that break is because I needed it for me. I wasn't mad at anyone here. Yes, I talked to P a lot. I also talked to Mystroy because SHE contacted me and we have been talking. I have had no contact with you cloudy since I left here and won't have any. Far as medical advice. I always ask my doctor. Why, because things you told me are outdated and no longer are applicable. Therefore, I do go to my doctors for what I need, because they are licensed to practice medicine and know my case history, both of which you don't.
Now, before anyone else jumps on me. here. take a look inside yourselves before condemning me for doing the very thing that you are doing here. OH, and have a great day, cause I know I'm having one.

clouddancer
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:46 pm by clouddancer
ctrr03 wrote:
Far as medical advice. I always ask my doctor. Why, because things you told me are outdated and no longer are applicable. Therefore, I do go to my doctors for what I need, because they are licensed to practice medicine and know my case history, both of which you don't.

Which I have told you many times when you ask me a Nursing question; that I've not been in hospital for a while and things may have changed. So why did you keep asking me Nursing things even after you got home from your CABG???

As for looking inward and seeing ...and all that rot, let me tell you I have nothing to be sorry about because, for one thing I would never go sneaking onto a site I was supposedly loyal to and posting as a guest...I post as myself or not at all.
clouddancer
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:56 pm by clouddancer
Let me ask some questions...why wouldn't you sign in? Too lazy??? Didn't think anyone would catch you? Especially the dumb and trusting Clouddancer/Vickie??? She's just too stupid for words???
Well guess that dog don't hunt antmore where you are concerned...I wouldn't trust you now or ever again as far as I could throw you and I can't even begin to pick you up.

So to become boring old me once again I'm borrowing a page from you again...have a nice life. I wish you the best in all you do and pray the Lord is ever by your side and for me I will always be sad our friendship was ruined.
Anonymous
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm by Guest
I did not sneak onto this site. I saw TM posted and decided to read it there rather than go to the blogs. Much faster. When I went to respond, it wouldn't let me post as myself because I wasn't signed in. Since I had already written my post, I posted it in a way that he knew it was me posting it. So, no, I wasn't trying to hide. But, what I was doing is giving TM an insight to an answer to his question. Because right now, I"m not spending a lot of time at the computer, I decided to just answer and then come back later. As I said, I am working to get my life and health back in the only way I can do it and that is to push myself, regardless of how I have to do it. I posted my update on fb, which I know Mook and Lil Mama saw, along with others. Except for getting my strength back I was not angry with anyone here when I left. I took a breakf form here for me. Mook gave me some insight of what I might go through, as he has gone through things. I've also talked to others that have gone through what I have and they too are telling me things to watch for and what might happen.

I have been talking to Piute because I know that he's willing to listen without judging and has helped me see some things I didn't understand before.

Just because someone chooses not to sign in to respond (guess that's another rule I broke). doesn't mean they have an ulterior motive, nor does it mean they have a problem. However, being attacked for it shows otherwise.

Cloudy, if you had a bad day, don't blame it on me. I have nothing to do with you and haven't since I left here. I'm not sneaking around. I've commented to Lil Mama, TnT, Chick and a few others on fb. I posted what my medical update was over there because I have a lot of family and friends over there that wanted updates. No, I didn't post here because I wasn't on here because I chose to take a break for one of the very reasons Mook told me could happen. I will say thanks to him because he helped me to understand something that I had no idea what was causing the problem I was having. It had nothing to do with Island and everything to do with my body's reaction to all I went through. Anyone that I'm friends with could go to my fb page and read what I wrote. It's out there, not hidden. That is their choice. Now I am done with this. So, have a good day. I believe this is still TM's place, and he stil makes the rules as to who is allowed ere or not.
Mystroy
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 pm by Mystroy
I can't stand seeing you two fight this way. I mean, I really can't fathom it. It's unfathomable. Can't we all just pretend to get along even if we really are or aren't here/fighting? At all? Or even just a little? C'mon people, otherwise you'll lose your marbles like I did on Jan 19th. I ain't been right since. (hrofl, and know that aint coad)
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: