The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 2 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

TM
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 am by TM
So are you !!!
Sunny
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 am by Sunny
TM wrote:
Sunny, have I told you lately that I love you ? Life and times of TM - Page 2 2799

Right back at ya! Life and times of TM - Page 2 2431120817
TM
Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:59 pm by TM
Tonight I've decided it was time to post about a thought that keeps coming to mind. It occurs to me that there are a couple, I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that come to mind, a couple words that can be super constructive or super destructive. The first word is WHY. I'm going to use my son as an example here, as most of you know he has Autism, a very intrusive condition for everyone involved, him more than anyone. Anyway with things being as they are I could, and I have at times, ask WHY ? WHY does everyone in my family have this extra issue that gives us something daily to deal with ? WHY can't they find a treatment that works ? WHY, WHY WHY ? To my way of thinking this is the destructive side of the word WHY. Wondering why something is that no one has the power to change is fruitless and as such negative or destructive. So when is WHY constructive you ask. When we are asking WHY something is that can be changed or made better. If we are asking WHY as a means of learning and as a result of that learning we make changes to improve the thing we are asking WHY about or to question a statues quo with the intent of improvement, the word WHY is constructive. The other words are WHAT IF. I think WHAT IF can be great if it is being used to explore ways of improving something for ourselves or for someone else. WHAT IF is the beginning of investigation into that improvement. What will happen if I do X Y or z ? What could go very bad if I do X Y or Z ? These are constructive uses. When is WHAT IF destructive ? WHAT IF is destructive if it is related to anything that is past tense. WHAT if this or that had never happened. Again fruitless and destructive. It's also very possible for WHAT IF to be destructive concerning future events depending on ones ability to make adjustments in whatever area the WHAT IF is about. I can say WHAT IF i die in the next two years but there really isn't anything that I can do to change my appointed time. So it becomes nothing more than a thought to eat up good time that can be used right now for good purposes. I feel like I have rambled here long enough ( even longer say some ) but the bottom line.....Be careful how you use your WHYs and WHAT IFs. They can serve you well or they can leave you void.
Sunny
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:21 am by Sunny
All very provocative TM, thanks. I see what your driving at and you stated it so well. I too share your thougths re these phrases/words.

Generally, I think more about "Woulda, Coulda & Shoulda? Kind of in the same vein, if not the same, really! But, my personal favorites when referring to what has already been done or even said which cannot be changed or taken back. So, what's the use of one wasting time on what may have been if only...........Hindsight is a great asset if we learn not to repeat the same prior mistakes and misjudgements and helpful in telling us what we should do in the future for a better outcome.
So some of what we may consider a "woulda, coulda, shoulda" after the fact may actually better prepare us for the future in what we do and say.
But, to beat ourselves up with only that which was negative and not look for a new or different choice the next time around will only serve to weaken or even knock down confidence and thoughtfulness. A loser attitude will ensue and prevail as long as we stay in that hole of despair if we concentrate on what woulda, coulda and shoulda been.
I wish for you, your family and son a community of understanders and please know we are making progress, just way too slowly. No one can even begin to understand the issues for everyone involved with the loving care and all the decision making, guidance, patience, inner family relationshis as well as the ignorance of those among us never having to be charged with this, and expense of so much (not just money....that is off the scale) of a child with special needs. It is very stressful, the rewards are innumerable, but sometimes all that is involved can overshadow them to some degree. Even for just a while. Autism comes in all degrees, to all no matter who one is or who may have the best resources and best professionals to help. It is constant, but loving them and being a part of their lives and giving of oneself to help in any way possible holds rewards and blessings beyond words. But, it doesn't make it any easier either because the heart of any loving parent or grandparent is very heavy indeed. Perhaps the Good Lord believes we can do it, TM or we would not have been charged the loving task.
TM
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 am by TM
The Lord knows we can and will. My asking why is almost like saying I don't trust Him in a small way. Another huge topic for another blog.
Sunny
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 am by Sunny
Yeah, I understand what you mean and I feel the same way. If so, I pray it will be forgiven, but the fighter in me and strong wish to have something, just for one worthwhile clue or thought popping into my mind maybe no one has thought of as a cause drives me as well.
It's happened to others, so why (that word again) not you or me?
Granted we are not scientists or professional researchers with the gobs of data available they have, but every now and then there are breakthroughs no one ever had considered. Sometimes it is the lay person who has the light of hope go off in their head once the seed of curiousity has been firmly planted. I know mine is and quite sure yours must be as well.
Am I making any sense? Perhaps it's the "Dreamer" in me.
Mystroy
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:29 am by Mystroy
I really liked what you wrote TM. I always do. To get inside your mind is a treasure. The mind behind all of this (the Island) is an amazing one, probably to all of us. We all want to know more about the amazing man who brought us all together and has continued to hold us here. (can you feel my love and adoration for you? it's right there.)

It's so weird. I fight with you sometimes. I do it publicly sometimes. But I can never stop respecting you for what you are, what you go through, and the AMAZINGNESS that you are, and have created here. You are more of a hero than you will probably ever let yourself admit. I am certain that everyone here, shares that feeling, to some extent. I would even beleive the ones who left, or had to leave, still feel that measure of respect for you.

But anyway, I digress. What I wanted to ask you, was: What about when "what if" is really only "when"? What about that, huh?
TM
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:42 pm by TM
What about when "what if" is really only "when"? What about that, huh?

While there are certain things that are definite ( when instead of what if ) we don't have the ability to know much more than it will happen. Am I going to die ? Absolutely. That being the case it's a " when" not a "what if" but since I'm not God I have no idea what the answer is and for me to spend my time worrying about it isn't going to change anything. All it will do is waste the time that I should be living.

TM
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 pm by TM
ctrr03 wrote:
TM wrote:
This blog thing could be fairly dangerous for me because I just may let go with things at times that I otherwise wouldn't. Not always a good thing..

However, it's good to let off steam, so I would say it can be very therapeutic.

Hard to believe but I may actually be learning restraint.
Sunny
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 pm by Sunny
TM wrote:
ctrr03 wrote:
TM wrote:
This blog thing could be fairly dangerous for me because I just may let go with things at times that I otherwise wouldn't. Not always a good thing..

However, it's good to let off steam, so I would say it can be very therapeutic.
Yeah, it would be really therapeutic for me to stand in the middle of the street screaming, just not appropriate, but if I do it in my own home with those witnessing it, who know who I really am, or with friends within my circle of trust, my reasons and are in truth a wish for their honest, sympathetic, empathtic advice and wisdom in their sincere effort to bring me to a better place of understanding and resolution of what it is I seek.

Some issues between people are best discussed privately so as not to color other's opinions who do not have the knowldege or background to see it for what it really is. Too often this does nothing more than create misjudgments and unfair blame falling on the innocent and ignorant parties.

I doubt those driving by or walking on the sidewalk witnessing my little tirade would consider it their personal wish or responsibilty to understand what is behind my behavior because they don't know me as I really am on any level and feel perfectly comfortable and free to relay the whole scene to anyone they choose without any detail or knowledge of what actually drove me to stand in the middle of the street screaming in my effort to let off steam and vent.
Undoubtably they will conjur up all kinds of scenarios within their own minds to justify why I was doing it and may never be right.

Hard to believe but I may actually be learning restraint.

Yes, considering you don't need any schooling in that area, but IMHO you are well qualified to teach a course on it.
TM
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:20 pm by TM
Too true Sunny, just because one has a right to do something or it makes them feel better is not justification for doing same.

How come it always sounds so much more profound when you say it ?
TM
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:29 pm by TM
God grant me patience. No I mean MORE patience Please.
Mystroy
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Mystroy
I see we've thown Dancing Bacon back into the mix. From now on, when I see that avatar, I will think EGGS and Toast!
TM
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 pm by TM
Eggs and toast are good. Throw in some coffee and we can have breakfast.
clouddancer
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 pm by clouddancer
TM wrote:

...AND DO IT NOW...PLEASE!!!!!!! rofl3

J/K
Mystroy
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 pm by Mystroy
LOL! I think you are exercising exTREME patience. Been a little (and very pleasantly) surprised, actually. It helps me forgive the Incredible Self Resurrecting Pig. LOL. That and thinking about how good crispy bacon is when dipped in runny egg. YUM! (you can keep the coffee, give me OJ anytime)
TM
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:35 am by TM
clouddancer wrote:
TM wrote:

...AND DO IT NOW...PLEASE!!!!!!! rofl3

Exactly !!!

J/K
Sunny
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 am by Sunny
Patience: "This too shall pass!" That's one of my favorite self appointed mantras. Just need to remember it when needed, that's my problem.
TM
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:17 pm by TM
I do try to remember that Sunny and I also try really hard to keep things in perspective. There really isn't much that happens on an internet message board that is cause to let it get to me much.

Life and times of TM - Page 2 Fun_and_games_without_depth_percept
Sunny
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 pm by Sunny
I try to as well, but still find some of it pretty shocking. People can be so cruel and nasty. Maybe it makes them feel important in their own minds or in control. That is really their problem though, when I think about it.
Just wonder sometimes where all the adults have gone.
Anonymous
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm by Guest
Thanks a lot TM. You just HAD to wake me up, didn'tcha. Just when I got all relaxed, you just had to post that song.
TM
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:26 pm by TM
I couldn't find "Rock-a-bye Baby "

You really should try to get some sleep CT. This isn't good for mind or body.
Mystroy
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:23 am by Mystroy
TM, I have to ask... You aren't planning to remove your blog, again, are you? There are a lot of people who are posting things here, which they might love to go back and read.. If you are, let me know, so I can save my posts..

Wink
TM
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:16 am by TM
No My I'm not planning on removing it.
TM
Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 am by TM
WOW. How I can manage to get in the middle of things while I'm fast asleep in amazing. Things being deleted when they shouldn't be, things made into a Federal case when it shouldn't be. It's all just too much fun. I may start hanging out a closed sign when I start going to bed.
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: