The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corporations suck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Corporations suck Empty
PostCorporations suck

assholes without a soul. The wonderful Cerner corporation that buys companies for 3 billion cash can't find enough to pay for the work they had done. 

That is all for now.
Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Corporations suck :: Comments

Sunny
Re: Corporations suck
Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:35 pm by Sunny
That is just so wrong!!!
clouddancer
Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 am by clouddancer
Can you sue them???  Or refuse to do the work until they pay you...or make them pay up front???
Lindy
Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 am by Lindy
Cloudy,Thats what makes them assholes.They have no integrity,or loyalty.Another company takes them to lunch or gives them high dollar tickets to some event.Introduces them to another ceo.Its all about sucking up.You kiss my ass,I'll kiss yours.
They know that if you refuse to work,there are other companies out there that will take the job,usually for less.Then when the next company does a crappy job,or steals them blind,they don't have the guts to call you and ask you to come back.Most of the time.So,they just let you work until you can't afford to cover the work anymore and quit.They may think they got the good end of the deal,but you know the old saying,what goes around comes around.Hack,Hack,Hack.
clouddancer
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:50 am by clouddancer
Ohhhh, yeah....Karma's a Witch...and you know it ain't spelled with a W!!!!! Corporations suck 790849
triedntru
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:25 am by triedntru
Not sure what the holdup would be. Are they disagreeing that any work was done? Or that work was done without their approval? Surely, it can't be "We're a little tight on cash right now..."
triedntru
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:27 am by triedntru
Reminds me of  the guy that invented the intermittent wiper. He had a patent on it, and the big 3 auto companies decided it would be cheaper to just blatantly steal the design rather than pay him licensing. So this guy sued, and the corporations just outspent him on lawyers. Guy ended up dying of a heart attack. Don't let that be you, TM.
triedntru
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:33 am by triedntru
Correction, he did win some lawsuits and died of brain cancer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lindy
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:55 am by Lindy
TM,Listen to tnt and don't let this make you sick.:hug:We have gone through so much of this over the years,back and forth,and there are other companies out there that are waiting for someone like you!
TM
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:21 pm by TM
Ugh !!! I just wrote a nice long post about what's been going on and I lost in on this stupid iPad. I want my computer back
TM
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:23 pm by TM
It was about a good thing, I'm supposed to get paid tomorrow
Tali
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:34 pm by Tali
That is a good thing!
Lindy
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:42 pm by Lindy
TM wrote:
It was about a good thing, I'm supposed to get paid tomorrow
Thats a good start. Corporations suck 992185 We have two smaller invoices out from September and October.Could I give you their address and you have a chat with them? Corporations suck 200693
TM
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:34 pm by TM
It's been a wild ride. I'll try to hit the highlights. Cerner gives everyone apa at the beginning of each year. Once that pa runs out of funds you quit getting paid. PA must mean something like purchasing account or something. Personally I'm sure it stands for Pain in your Ass. They come up with this figure without the aid of a schedule of any kind most of our more lucrative ventures are the private showings, say 4 demo stations in Bangor Maine next Friday. Those aren't known about until about two weeks sometimes one. We have performed beautifully every time. October was our busiest month of the year with no close runner up. This was about the same time my pa ran out. Now finance doesn't tell anyone that a pa is getting close to its limit or when it runs out. They don't tell you or marketing in their own company. You find out when your invoices go over 30 days and you start pushing gently. Then marketing contacts finance, finance has to approve everything and gets a total added to your pa. That can take a solid month and when you throw in that. It's the holiday season, not much gets done. In order to keep going I used everything I could possibly use including the money for my personal bills, savings and a CD that's got the entire amount loaned out. 

Needless to say I have been having a very difficult time thinking about much else. It ate at me bad every time a collections chump would call at the very same time this multi-billion dollar corporation owed me into the 6 figure range. I know it's hard to imagine but I got a bit of an attitude. I finally had to refuse because I literally had no way to buy airline tickets. Their response was to make other arrangements. I said fine I won't be around to answer any questions. It sets up tomorrow in Phoenix. Then there was another event that sets up next Tuesday here in town at WHQ. I said I could provide the manpower but that they would need to rent the truck. They hired DSI, another local exhibit company to do the job. All I'm doing is loading and unloading from the warehouse.

Chapter two later, something came up. Stay tuned.
TM
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:14 pm by TM
So at first when these jobs were given to others I had the attitude of fine let's see if they can perform without knowing what's going on. Both sets will happen. Phoenix will set up tomorrow and the local event will load Friday and set up Monday. I have to say I've spent a lot of time praying lately, really praying. Maybe it never happens to you but I can get into times when I'm praying for someone and it's almost like I'm just going through the motions because I said I would.for the last week I've been really praying. Looking for direction instead of asking for help. To be honest I was shocked when I started feeling more at ease. Nothing had changed in fact a pebble flew up and cracked my windshield. I started coming around and Tuesday morning I went in and told Erin who is the only one still working right now that I was going at things with the wrong frame of mind. Instead of hoping the other companies failed I needed to stop with the crap. I made a determination that we were going to get above this. We were going to pull what we needed to pull and have it ready for whoever did the work. We are going to shine. Regardless of others involved we will perform above and beyond. If either of those events fail, and I'm not saying that would bother me, it won't be because we did anything that could be brought back on me.

Yesterday I worked my tail off but everything is up front ready to load and I've reached out to the Phoenix crew to let me know if they have questions.

I've learned a lot of things over the last couple weeks especially. Good lesson that you would think I would already know. I thank the Lord that He has shown me the right path. I need to have faith and hold my ground at the same time. Anyone ever runs up to you wanting you to go into business for yourself.....".........you grab the biggest board or rock and commence to chasing them as far and as fast as you can.
clouddancer
Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:17 am by clouddancer
Wish we'd known this 2 months ago....D is locked into a 3 year contract on a truck and so far they aren't working him like they painted the glorious picture to be...but I'm glad you are finding your way...

you aren't the only one that finds themselves just "going through the motions" in your prayer life...I do it too sometimes...

To rise above it all is a great thing TM....don't stoop...
Lindy
Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18 pm by Lindy
I will comment later.I am exhausted.I never doubted you would conquer this in the right way.
Sunny
Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:28 am by Sunny
Sure hope everything is getting straightened out and going more smoothly, TM.  You have really had a lot of stress and pressure through no fault of your own.  Can only imagine how ticked you must be, and rightly so.  
Please take care of yourself. Corporations suck 838643
Tali
Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 am by Tali
Colossians 1:10
That you might walk worthy of the Lord to all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Lindy
Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:27 pm by Lindy
So,I've gotten on here and written about this over and over.Guess I need to keep it simple since I'm short on memory haha Need a new computer.
TM,Just want to say I'm sooo proud of you for doing the right thing.Reading your comments helps get us on the right track.Of course I'm just a little ity bity soul.The main man up there is so overjoyed when we follow the life he has given us!I was telling my neighbor next door about how prayer helped you so much,and we talked for close to an hour on prayer.
As long as we stay close to God, we've accomplished the best job on the face of the earth.
TM
Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:12 am by TM
Well it's official, Cerner is going to use other resources to handle their tradeshows and warehouse. Our last day will be 3/14. With them being 95% of my business I don't have to say what this means.

Appreciate your prayers, it's going to be a rough ride I think. You never know though, I still believe God's in control of all, even Cerner.
Sunny
Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:59 pm by Sunny
Would so much love to have the right words to help you get through this, TM.  Please know I  thinking of you and praying you will get through this with help, support and understanding of your loved ones and friends along with your strong faith.  Corporations suck 838643
clouddancer
Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:46 pm by clouddancer
I'm so sorry to hear this, TM...But the way I saw it from the first word of this post is..."Cerner is making a Huge, HUGE mistake, because there will be all kinds of SNAFU's and mix ups from 3/15/2015....I'm praying for you and yours...keep up the great work and God is fixin' to open a rather large window for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Post  by Sponsored content

Corporations suck

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: