The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

Anonymous
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:36 pm by Guest
Glad to hear you decided to give it another try. A blog is a diary of sorts or it can be used to share feelings, thoughts or whatever. How you use it is up to you.

That said, why should we be bored reading what you have to say? If we didnt''want to read, then we don't have to. But, if we choose to do so, then apparently it's because we're interested. That being said, our reading it is just another way that we can get to know you better. I don't see a problem with that.

As for being tired, please take it a bit easier. Learn that much from my experience. Your being tired is just your body's way of saying it's tired and needs to slow down a bit. Listen to it. You'll never have that strength and energy you had when you were 30. You need to kind of reserve what you have now. You have a long life ahead of you.

You have touched so many people by your being in their lives, mine included. Sure we had our differences, but the fact that we've been able to overcome them says a lot.

I know I would enjoy reading what you have to say. So, please keep posting. I feel I do get to know you a bit better when you do. I believe a lot here are very interested in what you have to say and what makes you the person you are.

I don't think you really even realize just how much you have accomplished and just how many lives you touched and how many people you have helped along the path of your life. Most don't until it's too late. Without your part in all of this, none of us would even be here, nor would this place exist. You were the catalyst that brought of us here. So, keep on being the person you are and we will keep on reading what you have to say.

Sunny
Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 am by Sunny
Ditto! Couldn't agree more. waving smilie
In spite of anything or everything in my lifetime, obstacles, challenges, the disappointments, and all that is good, tremendous blessings, how I know there is room for improvement and the realization of knowing I can always do just a bit better or even a lot better, I'm still glad I am "me".
Everything has it's time.
Mystroy
Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 am by Mystroy
First of all: TM, you need to rest. You did a LOT over the past few months. This is obvious by the amount of time you were away from here. TM, you need to rest. As we get older, our bodies need more and more recuperation time. TM, you need to rest. Yes, I said it three times on purpose. Why? I'm worried about you, Friend. As time goes by, we all can't help but get older, and we all have to remind each other to REST!! TM, I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you. Let alone your family and how much THEY need you. I know you do what you do, to take care of them, but please remember to take care of yourself...because without you...what would they do? YOU are the most important factor in your freinds and families' lives. And you need to remember to baby and protect that most important asset: YOU.

PLEASE. Slow down a little..

Luv,
My
clouddancer
Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:08 am by clouddancer
TM...Ladies...I could not have said any of it better...I espouse all of your ideas and what you have said.

TM, I see it as a well that we are all born with and we use it daily. Some of us use it foolishly and some of us use it with descrimination and judiciousness, but there comes a point as we grow older where we all end up with the same amount of reserve. Then we need to practice a MORE judicious use of what we have left. If this well renewed it's self daily like most natural wells do then it would be the Fountain Of Youth, so to speak. But this well has, essentially a finite amount of "water" in it. So as we grow older we must learn what our limits are and watch our consumption of our "water".

I have seen sooo often the things that happen to people as they age and I have had to explain to their family members what and why things are going on...Thus I come to the well analogy. As we start life in our 20's or so we all have a reserve we pull from when we need it. As we grow older that reserve dwindles and we don't heal as well or quickly as we used to. That's just part of growing older. Most of us hate it and some of us rail against it when what we need to do is accept it and go on with our lives. But there are a few of us that are quite bull headed and take care of every one and every thing but our selves all the while drawing on our reserved well water. Then some thing devastating happens to us and we have to STOP. When that happens we are devistated and cannot believe how we have used our reserve without knowing it...it made sense at the time but now when we look in our well and see just how much we have left we are angry...at our selves, at the world and even at times with God, when the one we should be angry with is ourselves, no matter if we want to admit it or not...Drs and Nurses are the worst. (If we are worth our salt) So then we have to take stock of what we do have left and we have to change our grand plan we have somewhere deep inside of ourselves whether we want to or not...Some of us it just takes longer to do that than others...I'm one of those it takes longer with and Sunny is one that it really doesn't take very long with at all.

For you, well, I'm not sure how long it's going to take...but you will look into your well soon enough and decide how to use your reserve judiciously or you will be foolish like me and not do it...don't be foolish like I have been...Please. As someone else pointed out there are many of us here on earth that look up to you especially your family. Use your well water judiciously, my friend.
TM
Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 am by TM
I think this morning is a good time for me to share a little something. I have a personality flaw. Some see it as being a control freak but I would disagree. A control freak wants to control everything and every one, I'm not trying to control anyone else's actions. I think it is more a case of being an anti-control freak. I don't like to be controlled. Generally people try to control others through manipulation. You can't just come out and tell someone to do something so you try to manipulate events and people to push someone towards doing or not doing that thing that you wanted in the first place. I've had this flaw as long as I can remember. And I've fought with it just as long. I went to a basketball game in Junior high one time and didn't wear any socks, it was the cool thing to do at the time, anyway as I'm going into the game the Principle pulls me aside and informs me that I can't go in like that. Like THAT ???, like I'm naked or something. He was trying to control me in an area that in my mind didn't concern him, wasn't doing any harm to anyone and shouldn't have been an issue. I have come to the realization that some others do have a right to make rules that I have to go by if I want to be involved in their activity, but that's another story. This particular time I reacted much as I still do unfortunately, when pushed I push back harder. That night I calmly turned around at the door and went outside where I removed my shoes as well and headed back to the game completely barefoot. Yes I knew what was coming but I had no idea how intense things would get. Do you know that before it as over that Principle actually drew back his arm and made a fist ? He was on the verge of punching this kid who had shown blatant disrespect for him and his rules.

So yes, I have a personality flaw at least in some eyes. I have never learned to just let it go, let it slide on by. Do what they want you to do how they want you to do it and everyone will be happy. But it ain't so. The controllers or manipulators may be happy but the person being manipulated isn't.

So pray for me but not too much, I have no intention of becoming that person who never questions authority or who lets others push me into the box they want me to fit in. I will always be the one who, if given crap over nothing will return that crap two fold. The whole " I don't like this so you need to change" thing just doesn't work for me.

That's it for now. a little rambling but I hope I got across what I wanted to say. Maybe tomorrow I will touch on people who say things in a conversation that are obviously meant to convey much more than the simple message they are giving.
TM
Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:01 pm by TM
What a wonderful day. I'm considering bankruptcy, I've got the IRS up my ass, I've got contractors billing me for thousands because I put in a labor order that the client isn't paying for and my own forum is no longer a retreat from the world because of a stupid freaking pig avatar.

Hope your day is going better.
clouddancer
Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 pm by clouddancer
Sounds like you've got a royal ration of poop. I'm sorry you do. I hate it when people don't pay for their work that's been done...is there any way you can get paid up front? Life and times of TM 838643 Life and times of TM 2799
Mystroy
Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 am by Mystroy
TM, I'm really sorry that you're having all these problems. Your Island is still and always will be your refuge. I never should have divulged that, or why, I didn't like your pig avatar. In the scheme of things, it's really not that important. I apologize for making such a big deal out of. Please, put it back up and scare the hell out of me with it, for Halloween. Luv you, Freind, and everything is and will be ok on the Island front. Disagreements, or no, you are surrounded by people who love you and would do anything to make you feel better. You have given us this Island. We can argue with you so much, but when it comes down to it, you have given us all so much. And if any of us forget that from time to time...we always remember it again.
Anonymous
Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:08 am by Guest
TM. you're a fighter. Just hang tough. I know it seems impossible, but hopefully things will work out for you. Dealing with the IRS is scary, but you can work thing out with them. Good Luck.
Anonymous
Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:18 am by Guest
What is funny, is that no matter what life throws at us, we still have the power to fight against it and win. Just remember that God has a plan and it will come to light in time and that you aren't alone in what you're going through.
TM
Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:16 pm by TM
I'll be fine, I'm always fine. I was in a mood anyway and I was feeling pushed over something that I felt like wasn't necessary. So I vented.

This blog thing could be fairly dangerous for me because I just may let go with things at times that I otherwise wouldn't. Not always a good thing.

You're right CT, I am a fighter. Nothing in my life would be the same if I wasn't. I have fought for everything I've ever achieved and have no plans of letting up. I don't like feeling forced at all. And I will use every means at my disposal to push back. I'm not going to put the pig back up even though I like him. He is the epitome of how I feel about a lot of different issues. He has a very simple message, " Don't mess with the pig." And believe it or not, my posting him really has nothing to do with anything in the past. It has to do with my feelings today and probably tomorrow.
Anonymous
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:31 pm by Guest
TM wrote:
This blog thing could be fairly dangerous for me because I just may let go with things at times that I otherwise wouldn't. Not always a good thing..

However, it's good to let off steam, so I would say it can be very therapeutic.
TM
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 pm by TM
True CT but where does being therapeutic for me begin to be detrimental to someone else ? I just need to temper my post if not my thoughts.
Anonymous
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:30 pm by M.I.A.
Hang in there, it's always darkest before the dawn.
TM
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 pm by TM
Thanks MIA, I know the tide will turn. Hey instead of being Missing in Action, why don't you come on in and be found.
Lindy
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 pm by Lindy
What TM said! waving smilie
Anonymous
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:40 pm by Guest
ditto
Mystroy
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:54 pm by Mystroy
WOT? Who is MIA? Am I losing my mind?
Anonymous
Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:55 am by Guest
TM wrote:
True CT but where does being therapeutic for me begin to be detrimental to someone else ? I just need to temper my post if not my thoughts.

How would it be detrimental to others? A blog is your thoughts. No one else is forced t read it, so no one should be upset by anything you say. It's really no different than if you were talking to someone and had an opposing view. Also, you do have it open to allow people to post to it.
Sunny
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:43 am by Sunny
TM wrote:
I think this morning is a good time for me to share a little something. I have a personality flaw. Some see it as being a control freak but I would disagree. A control freak wants to control everything and every one, I'm not trying to control anyone else's actions. I think it is more a case of being an anti-control freak. I don't like to be controlled. Generally people try to control others through manipulation.

Mercy, I just got to this catching up while I was gone. Hey buddy! Who among us doe NOT have some kind of personality flaw, especially in the eyes of others? My God, none of us can possibly behave 100% of the time to the liking or expectations of others, let alone what we often foolishly expect of our own selves at times. It's been my experience those calling others "control freaks" very often have issues and weaknesses which allows them to let and even want someone else to take control of them or simply use it as an excuse to blame someone else for their own shortcomings. Most of the time those who are controlled by others and allow it want it to be that way because they are either incapable or unwilling to properly control their own behavior. True there are some real jerks among us who think they know it all and have some need to control others, but like you say they are generally the master manipulaters and choose their prey very carefully. I think that is because they really aren't worth a damn themselves so they hunt out the weak to build themselves up and are just plain chicken bullies. You are not like this at all and I'm not just blowing smoke. I've known you from forums for years before ever comning to the Island and if I had a sense you were anything like that I sure would not be here. Speak your mind, you do, give your honest opinion you do, and as Mr. S says of himself "I call a spade a spade as I see it" and people respect that.

You can't just come out and tell someone to do something so you try to manipulate events and people to push someone towards doing or not doing that thing that you wanted in the first place. I've had this flaw as long as I can remember. And I've fought with it just as long. I went to a basketball game in Junior high one time and didn't wear any socks, it was the cool thing to do at the time, anyway as I'm going into the game the Principle pulls me aside and informs me that I can't go in like that. Like THAT ???, like I'm naked or something. He was trying to control me in an area that in my mind didn't concern him, wasn't doing any harm to anyone and shouldn't have been an issue. I have come to the realization that some others do have a right to make rules that I have to go by if I want to be involved in their activity, but that's another story. This particular time I reacted much as I still do unfortunately, when pushed I push back harder. That night I calmly turned around at the door and went outside where I removed my shoes as well and headed back to the game completely barefoot. Yes I knew what was coming but I had no idea how intense things would get. Do you know that before it as over that Principle actually drew back his arm and made a fist ? He was on the verge of punching this kid who had shown blatant disrespect for him and his rules.

That's not a "flaw", TM, that's being a kid. A stubborn kid, I admit, but what healthy kid doesn't at least try to fight off authority at one time or another? Boys will often do it just the way you did and I think very often it's about wanting to hide some hurt so deep they don't know any way to express it, get rid of it, deal with it and it's an unconscious call for attention and help in an effort to push it aside replacing it with an attitude. Sometimes I think it's because they want to hide it too. Jr. High School age frame is tough for most kids and that is when a really good coach would recognize this, put his arm around you and show some compassion in hopes of bringing what really is the problem to the surface and help you deal with it. But, don't even get me started on coaches.

So yes, I have a personality flaw at least in some eyes. I have never learned to just let it go, let it slide on by. Do what they want you to do how they want you to do it and everyone will be happy. But it ain't so. The controllers or manipulators may be happy but the person being manipulated isn't.

Manipulators are NOT happy either, TM. If they truly were they wouldn't be manipulators. There would be no need for it. Think about it! They are nothing more than clever bullies. At least they think they are clever and yeah sometimes it works for them, but just imagine how much work it is for them to plan it all out so it works. What a waste of one's brains and talent.

So pray for me but not too much, I have no intention of becoming that person who never questions authority or who lets others push me into the box they want me to fit in. I will always be the one who, if given crap over nothing will return that crap two fold. The whole " I don't like this so you need to change" thing just doesn't work for me.

How does one pray for another "too much"?
No one should feel pressured or intimidated when questioning authority if it's done in a polite fashion respectfully. It is hard to walk away when "given crap over nothing" if one is worth their salt, I agree but, payback isn't pretty either. I think we all feel at times we have no need or desire to change. I'm not great at that either if pushed, but I do try to listen, think about it and the ramifications of not being open to it is not good. If you have thought out all angles from those you ordinarily respect and want to have a relationship with that works who are telling or hopefully asking you consider making some changes it deserves a great deal of thought before an outright "no", I will not do it.
It's impossible for us to know how others see or perceive us, we are not them with their mind sets, backgrounds, life experiences and can't possibley know what they personally may be dealing with. Sometimes it's hard to put ourselves into what their situation may be and the perspective they are coming from and often make misjudgments because of that. That's just common sense and life as we know it unless we choose to totally isolate ourselves from those who don't seem to march to the same tune we do.
All of us need to call on our patience more often.

That's it for now. a little rambling but I hope I got across what I wanted to say. Maybe tomorrow I will touch on people who say things in a conversation that are obviously meant to convey much more than the simple message they are giving.

I look forward to this!

My Life and times of TM 93850 lid is closed. Life and times of TM 747532 Life and times of TM 532631
Sunny
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:03 am by Sunny
TM wrote:
True CT but where does being therapeutic for me begin to be detrimental to someone else ?

Only if they allow it to be TM. You are among friends who know your true heart and good intentions. Nor can any of us be all things to all people all the time, don't worry about us. We are all grown-ups. Really now true friendships go through pain just like any other worthwhile relationships we have. If we can't cope with another's pain why be in their lives in the first place?
Sincere friends are worthy of taking on a little pain of those they care for, it's a compliment not a hindrance.

I just need to temper my post if not my thoughts.

We are not qualified to be anyone elses "thought police", that is up to us as individuals. Hopefully we can and should be good listeners with worthy intentions, empathetic and mere thought provokers to others.
Anonymous
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:10 am by Guest
Thanks Sunny, You said that perfectly.
TM
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:41 am by TM
Sunny, have I told you lately that I love you ? Life and times of TM 2799
Lindy
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 am by Lindy
She is a very special lady alright Life and times of TM 550819