The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 16 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

Sunny
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:30 am by Sunny
Looks great, TM. You this all this in one day?
TM
Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:40 am by TM
Yes , me and three others. Done by 3 actually, paid till 4:30 Life and times of TM - Page 16 184939
Sunny
Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:03 am by Sunny
That's great.  You all are movers and shakers! Life and times of TM - Page 16 44355
clouddancer
Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:27 am by clouddancer
Ummm, excuse me...is that space as small as it looks??? Shocked No Shocked
TM
Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:40 am by TM
Yes it is Cloudy. Barely as big as a decent sized bedroom. Maybe 10 to 12 feet wide and maybe 30 feet long at its longest point.

Life and times of TM - Page 16 Image
TM
Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:42 am by TM
And that print isn't right. It isn't as big as they said.
TM
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:49 pm by TM
Doesn't look like much yet but the carpet took better than half the day. Tomorrows pics will bring it together a little more. 40 x 50 is a decent sized booth. He expected the floor down and the walls up by end of day, he got a little better than that and there were a few things off that needed special attention.

Life and times of TM - Page 16 SonicCoke1_zpsh1vwzvi8

Life and times of TM - Page 16 SonicCoke2_zpshf4fdxxw
ctrr03
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:53 pm by ctrr03
Is that a gas pump?
TM
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:08 pm by TM
Not a real one. It's only about 4 inches thick made from Sintra, a type of plastic.
ctrr03
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:18 pm by ctrr03
I know it's not a real one.    but it's what caught my eye and wondered what kind of display you are making that would require one.   BTW,  the carpeting does look nice.     Do you have to vacuum it all when you finish setting up the display?
Lindy
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm by Lindy
Are they giving away free burgers over there? Life and times of TM - Page 16 588339 Life and times of TM - Page 16 588339 KU will be there next.Tear down take very long?Need a vacuum cleaner? Haha!At least it's close to home buddy.
TM
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:12 pm by TM
Well I haven't heard of any free burgers.......yet. The Teamsters did come up to me today and tell me to go out to the dock and eat, they had grilled all kinds of meats and had potato salad and beans and all. Trouble was it was about 15 minutes after we got back from Dennys. Client bought lunch for everyone tho so it's hard to complain. And it was nice of the Teamsters, we have a very good relationship.

Dismantle is supposed to be done in 5 hours. I think that's a little optomistic but it will go fast. He wants 5 guys on that. And no we don't vacuum. We would if he asked but lost all exhibitors order vacuuming through the hall. Lot's of places, you can't vacuum, union rules, ya know.

And yeah, I do like that it's close to home but to be honest I really wouldn't mind a road trip. It's been forever it seems and a part of me really enjoyed it. Thats okay tho, I'm working the weekend and it will be very lucrative.
Lindy
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:32 pm by Lindy
You may need a road trip on foot after all that good food.At Least Denny's is close too.Havent been there in years.Went there once in awhile when I worked at The Star.My mom was a Teamsters 41 steward way back when Roy Williams was there.Theres good things about unions.You want to get in touch with DP or Weber let me know.I know Weber has had shows in the Chicago area.
Lucrative has a great sound to it!
TM
Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:20 pm by TM
Hey I would be happy to contact anyone.
Lindy
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:23 am by Lindy
I'll get them.
TM
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:27 pm by TM
Little closer but not done. He cut us at 3 hrs, two guys back for tomorrow to finish it out.

Life and times of TM - Page 16 SonicCoke4_zpsszgc3lbj
Life and times of TM - Page 16 SonicCoke5_zps8bbjwi9v
Life and times of TM - Page 16 SonicCoke6_zpsf5duaz0d
Lindy
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:16 pm by Lindy
Reminds me of Route 66 😀 Moving right along!
ctrr03
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:37 pm by ctrr03
Yeah maybe.    At least a few places I saw on Rt 66 yesterday.   LOL      Looking good TM.     Does this open tomorrow?    Is it a display for Sonic?   Is the stuff in the 2nd picture yours?   Must be fun keeping track of everything when there are so many setting up at one time.
TM
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:08 pm by TM
I think it opens tomorrow afternoon. Some of the stuff in the background is ours but not the boxes in the foreground. It gets a little confusing at times but everything is labeled when it comes in, you don't remove the labels until you are ready to use whatever it is. It's pretty amazing at times how quick some folks are to just assume something is theres. I've even had people start opening my toolbox like it belonged to them just because it kind of looked like one of their cases. Yeah that went over real big. LOL

I should have pictures of the finished product tomorrow night. All picked up, empties gone and everything spit shined.
ctrr03
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:22 pm by ctrr03
It really does look pretty good, considering all the kaos that goes along with it.    You do a very fine job and keep it looking pretty good, TM.
ctrr03
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:23 pm by ctrr03
The blue rug is part of the hall and you just add i the gray one?
TM
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:51 pm by TM
Yeah, the blue is the aisle carpet. It usually doesn't go down before the booths are built but this show is different. I guess because there are only a few booths that have carpet. I think it may be a food thing. There will be lots of it and the carpet will pretty much be trashed.
ctrr03
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:02 pm by ctrr03
Well, the whole point is that the customer be happy, right?

Happy customers are usually return customers  and they pay their bill.
Lindy
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:20 pm by Lindy
Trashed carpet Life and times of TM - Page 16 589968629 That's a good size for a cabin.That could bring a little money at a garage sale or for an elderly or poor person,or donation to Salvation Army.Guess It wouldn't be good for me to do the shows.I'd be packing that stuff home!Instead of Junky Joes you could call me Junky Lindy.Haha
ctrr03
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:26 pm by ctrr03
I thought the same thing, Lindy.  There aren't a lot of stains that don't come out when yoiu clean a carpet.   Most clean up very nicely.
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: