The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 17 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

TM
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:33 pm by TM
The gray carpet is the client's, Coke. The blue carpet is the halls and a lot of it will get trashed. It's as cheap a carpet as you can get, paper thin. Trust me, you wouldn't even want that in a cabin.
Lindy
Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:52 pm by Lindy
I imagine so.Oh well,probably never get a cabin anyway.They are finishing the carpet down south this week.I can't believe how much carpet has went up,but this place had the original carpet from twenty two years ago.They will haul it off because it is not salvageable.
TM
Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:58 pm by TM
Well it's done until dismantle. The guys hooking up the soda fountains took foreeeeeeever. We ended up there all day. Pictures aren't as good as I wanted, still some parts here and there but they weren't our parts and it's hard to say when they were going to wrap it up.

Life and times of TM - Page 17 Coke7_zps1iuzvdqc

Life and times of TM - Page 17 Coke8_zpspzhcl9ew

Life and times of TM - Page 17 Coke9_zpslcnnyf7o

Life and times of TM - Page 17 Coke10_zpsnlmlkbh8

Life and times of TM - Page 17 Coke11_zpsvakn7cok
Lindy
Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:10 pm by Lindy
That looks great!Remember those wigwams?As kids,we thought there was real Indians in them.
An icy Coke sounds great right now. Very nice TM.
TM
Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:08 pm by TM
About time to go make it disappear. 

Now the seats are all empty
Let the roadies take the stage 
Pack it up and tear it down
TM
Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:18 pm by TM
Well teardown went well  and it's another done deal.5 guys at 6.5 hours and out the door. I have a few picks of the booth when it was open with people in it I'll post sometime later.

Hope you all had a good day.
ctrr03
Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:58 am by ctrr03
So... Where are the promised pictures of the booth? Inquiring minds want to know.
ctrr03
Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:01 am by ctrr03
Are those microphone stands in the last photo?
Sunny
Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:31 am by Sunny
This is really neat. People amaze me sometimes, so clever. 
Where is this, TM?
TM
Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:18 am by TM
Why do some folks go out of their way to be a pain in the ass ? Rhetorical question. I've grown weary of the perpetually offended. You know the ones. Everything is going along just find and then that one person comes out of the blue with perceived slights, attitude and threats. two minutes later trying to lay a guilt trip on you while crying about " nobody likes me".
clouddancer
Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:47 pm by clouddancer
TM...have you heard of the "Martyr Syndrome"?????
Lindy
Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:02 pm by Lindy
Offended...Yep,know a couple of them...A sign of the times.Thank Goodness I only took one year of Psychology.
TM
Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:42 pm by TM
clouddancer wrote:
Life and times of TM - Page 17 3566393833 TM...have you heard of the "Martyr Syndrome"???

I have not Cloudy. I've heard of bitchy and I've heard of narcassistic. Does that count ?
clouddancer
Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:47 pm by clouddancer
You're close...definitely parts of the whole... Life and times of TM - Page 17 200693
TM
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 pm by TM
Howdy Peeps, it's been a while since I posted here but figured this was as good a spot as any to let you know a few things that are going on. Things have been crazy at my work lately. My supervisor is still missing tons of time, either late, leaving early or not showing up at all.For weeks now there has been talk of moving me to his position and taking him down a notch into my position. Not that that would work because the relationship has deteriorated beyond that point. That and Justin would never work for me. Then there was the very attractive offer from the cleaning company (Lindy and husband).  

Well, started this post earlier this afternoon and never quite got back to it. Now its time for a shower ,shave and bed. 

Maybe I'll get back to it later.
clouddancer
Post Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 am by clouddancer
AAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You can"t DOOOOOO that!!!! Life and times of TM - Page 17 589968629 rofl3 Life and times of TM - Page 17 1002501222 rofl3 Rolling Eyes   It's like waving a glass of Bourbon under an alcoholics nose and then snatching it away for ever!!!   LOL...

"Inquiring people want to know..."   (Old commercial, from years ago.  Can't even remember what it was for, just the tag line.)
TM
Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:49 pm by TM
Sorry folks but since I posted this I have had solid 12 to 14 hr days. Its SSS and go to bed.

So anyway. I was really torn between the two jobs. Mr Lindy has been nothing but great to work with and made what I believe was as good an offer as he possibly could.Daniel's on the other hand was going to let Justin go, just a matter of time. Wed of last week he didn't come in. We had a ton of stuff to do so that didn't go over well. Thur. he spent mostly in meetings getting chewed on. Fri. he came in and started right off taking the new helper who is supposed to be learning receivers into the office to start showing him how to do delivery ticket which is Justin's job. That coupled with the fact that in the year and a half I've been there no one has tried to show me how to do anything inside the office. So as I'm left in the warehouse doing receivers I kind of start to stew. Not a good thing. I don't stew long before I reach a boiling point. And I did. I wrote my two week notice and sent it off to my next two highest supervisors.

It wasn't 15 minutes before the General Manager came out and ask if he could meet with me when it was convenient. He let me know that Justin was on not a short leash but no leash at all. The slightest infraction and they were letting him go. And that they really wanted me to stay and fill that roll. I told them on Friday that I would decide by Wed so whoever was affected could have as much time as possible to find someone. Didn't think anything about it at the time but the GM ask me how Justin had been getting to lunch. I answered honestly that he had taken a company van at least a few times. No big deal, they let almost any of us take one if we ask them. Come to find out Monday morning that Justin hadn't asked anyone or even told anyone he was taking one. Problem is he has a suspended license which I guess the GM checked on. He was fired on Friday, I just didn't know it till Monday. I feel bad for anyone losing their job. He just would not conform at all. I found out he had also been hiding things. His receiver basket should be empty when he leaves specially if he is leaving a couple hours early. He would take the stack of receivers out of his basket and hide them in the desk or somewhere. He fell asleep on an office couch at 7:00 in the morning after just walking in the door. Then when they were reprimanding him he didn't even see the problem , the only problem he saw was that someone said they woke him up at 9 and they really woke him at 8:30 and should have another half hours time coming.

I could go on and on but anyway. Bottom line is that I made my decision by Saturday even before I knew about the firing. I decided to stay at Daniel's. New jo and a decent raise will help. I just had to go with the thing I have a passion for and even more, the thing that challenges me every day. I need that. Just look at what I've always done. Everyone of them have had a challenge.

So there you have it. The life and tines of one TM
ctrr03
Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:30 pm by ctrr03
Just curious..  Does this mean you wii no longer work for Lindy, or will you continue both jobs?  Will you hours become more regular or will you conti or with the craziness?
TM
Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:52 pm by TM
What I'm thinking right now is that I will keep doing the weekend job but may give up the two weeknights. The craziness will get worse actually. I'm in a position now that I can't walk away at 5 or 5:30 if there is something needing done. The hours at Daniels will be up to me assuming all task are done but I plan on at least 10 hour days with a few 12s thrown in there.
ctrr03
Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:33 pm by ctrr03
Will there be overtime or just strait pay?  How many people will you have working for you?  Will you still be working 6-7 days a week or willnyou get at least 1 day a week off?

I have a feeling this new position will be a piece of cake for you.   Yes, it may take a bit of time to learn the ins and outs of this new position, but I have confidence you will pick it up in no time.

Far as Justin goes. He made choices that has consequences.  One can't continually abuse the system.  You did what you could and he took advantage of it, so it was a marrer of time till he was fired.

Just want to wish you the best of luck in your new position and hope things start.looking up for you now..
TM
Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 pm by TM
Still all straight time. Only one guy working for me, doing what I was doing. I'm thinking about 55 to 60 hours a week. Weekends only if I want to work the household side. They work every Saturday. and yeah, I'll get one day a week off just like I do now.
clouddancer
Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 am by clouddancer
WOW!!!  Congratulations on the "upgrade" in your job.

CT is right...you are not responsible for anything concerning Justin...he did most of it before you even came along.  sounds like he had plenty of chances to straighten up, too.
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: