The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 15 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

ctrr03
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 pm by ctrr03
TM wrote:
Some good news today. I got a project to install a room full of clothing racks out at Chiefs stadium this coming Monday. 4 men for 8 to 10 hours. A very good thing.

Hsppy got you.   I can hear your wife now, TM........Thanking God that she can actually get rid of you for a day.   LOL      J/K.   She's probably glad to have you home doing all that stuff on your honey do list.
ctrr03
Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:47 pm by ctrr03
Do you guys really think people have common sense?
clouddancer
Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:21 pm by clouddancer
I didn't know that, CT...I was just going to tell him that if I still had my pens and parchment (Lord only knows which box they're in) paper I'd do it for him...might take me a bit because I'd have to practice a little, but it's fun...I did a long poem for Dutch years ago with gold embellishment and had it framed...it's the first thing you see as you come in the front door...
ctrr03
Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:51 pm by ctrr03
Cloudy,   the hardest part TM would have to do is type the whole thing in, as it doesn't use photos.   But there are free online programs to do it.
ctrr03
Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:53 pm by ctrr03
I still have gold parchment paper in the drawer.  Bought a box of it a LONG time ago.   Forgot what I bought it for, but only used a few sheets, ya know?
TM
Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:04 am by TM
Not sure about all of that with the poem, I mean it's just a poem.

As far as getting out of the house, I'm all for it whether she is or not. I think I'll get out a while tomorrow maybe. Steven is working with about 3 other vets, going around and helping out other veterans with whatever they can. There's one guy now who's house has fallen into disrepair and they are doing a lot of work on it. I'm thinking I may help them out tomorrow if they need it. It's a really good cause and I like him wanting to do it.
Sunny
Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:14 am by Sunny
Great cause, TM.  Our vets need all the help we can give them.  A helping hand means the world to them.  I'm so disgusted with the VA I could scream.  There is absolutely no excuse for the way they have been treated.  It's a disgrace, and how those working at VA's that are so inept can sleep at night is beyond me.
clouddancer
Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:21 am by clouddancer
Y'all do NOT really want to know what goes on in the VA Hospital OR the VA Dr's offices!!!!!!!!  Believe me when I tell you the news reporting is just a drop in the bucket of how it really is....
ctrr03
Post Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:23 am by ctrr03
TM,   that is a great thing he's doing.   You too, for that matter.  Helping others is the best thing you can do for both them and yourself.

As for "just a poem".   I think not.   it has special meaning to her, otherwise she wouldnt' have kept it this long.   Must have had special meaning to you also, cause you posted it.    Believe it or not, those are the kind of things people treasure and make great memories.    I bet Cori would love something that dear old Dad wrote to Mom.when he was younger.   Yeah.   that kind of stuff is a treasure.   Your love for your wife shines through that page.
Sunny
Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:02 am by Sunny
clouddancer wrote:
Y'all do NOT really want to know what goes on in the VA Hospital OR the VA Dr's offices!!!!!!!!  Believe me when I tell you the news reporting is just a drop in the bucket of how it really is....

I can imagine, after all pretty cushy job for some, all the govt. perks, can't get fired, terrible oversight.  That's obvious.  I'm sure there are some really dedicated good docs who do their jobs well, are very dedicated, but others probably wouldn't make it past 6 mos. in private practice or on other hospital staffs.

How do we know this?  Refer to the whistle blowers who blew the lid off the insanity inside these facilities.
Lindy
Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:57 am by Lindy
TM,Hope you get to help with the Veterans.Stuff like that is sooooo rewarding!
TM
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:21 pm by TM
My project for today,

Life and times of TM - Page 15 CS1_zpswcbvkx6d
Life and times of TM - Page 15 CS2_zpsvqazuesw
Life and times of TM - Page 15 CS3_zps9hopclhf
clouddancer
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:25 pm by clouddancer
OK...what is it and where is it???  It's very tidy!!!! Life and times of TM - Page 15 18255 Very Happy
TM
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:47 pm by TM
It's a shop that will sell sports attire out at Chiefs stadium. A bit out of our calling but I will rarely tell anyone that we can't do anything. A full days work for 4 guys translates to a nice payday for yours truely.
ctrr03
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:04 pm by ctrr03
Nice job, TM
clouddancer
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:14 pm by clouddancer
THAT is cool!!!! thumbs up
ctrr03
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:33 pm by ctrr03
Well,   that's it's clean cause they cleaned up when they were finished.  Swept the floor and dusted off the shelves.    They leave a clean place when they're finished.
ctrr03
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:34 pm by ctrr03
Was that box of shelves the left-over parts?
Lindy
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Lindy
Nice job!I wish our basement looked like that!
ctrr03
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:30 pm by ctrr03
There ya go Lindy.  Just have TM come install shelves for ya.
TM
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:00 pm by TM
That was a box of tilted shelve like you see above the box. They didn't sent enough of the cross bars. We actually had to cut down all the uprights because the ceiling was lower than the post. Also had to eliminate one section because the shelve that were supposed to go there were 12' and the wall was only 9'. But as I've said before that's what makes us look good. You can send the wrong parts to the wrong sized room and one way or another we are going to make it work.

I'm hoping we have to go back and install the graphics whenever they show up.
ctrr03
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:04 pm by ctrr03
Well, you did a fantastic job and they should be well pleased, so they very well may call you back and recommend you to others.
ctrr03
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 pm by ctrr03
Are the pieces on the carts staying like that or do they still need to be installed somewhere?
TM
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:09 pm by TM
They stay like that. They are just missing graphics.
ctrr03
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:14 pm by ctrr03
ok
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: