The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 12 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

TM
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 pm by TM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lindy
Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:51 pm by Lindy
Grandma's thinking.....Silly Boy!
clouddancer
Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:50 am by clouddancer
The ferns are gorgeous and the bunting is very pretty!!!!!
clouddancer
Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:52 am by clouddancer
It's always nice to have family pictures. Wish I had some...
Sunny
Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:16 pm by Sunny
I enjoy them too, Cloudy.  These are really wonderful; what a beautiful smile, TM.
Your home looks really great; always have liked porches a lot.  They are welcoming and add warmth to a home IMO.  Pretty flowers!
TM
Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:24 pm by TM
Ah people are funny aren't they. It's what makes each of us tick. It's what makes the world go around. It never ceases to amaze me just how thin skinned some folk are. You say one little thing and they are crushed.Woe is me, I'll just leave. And then there are those who just have to get a dig in whenever they can. The second something isn't right they are compelled to shout it from the rooftops all the while wrapped up in their own self worth. The know it all's, the too timid to speak.

Not sure where I put myself in this little story. I'd like to think somewhere in the middle but then I wouldn't be the best judge of that.

I like having all types around but I still get amazed.
TM
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:06 pm by TM
And now it's time to take the kids out to dinner, just don't know where yet. Later Gators.
Lindy
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:23 pm by Lindy
How about the Dari Dine? Very Happy Is it still there? Have a good time wherever you all end up.
TM
Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 pm by TM
Dari Dine is still here but I haven't ate there in 20 years or better. We went to an Italian buffet. Cintenellis or something like that. Pretty nice place, pretty good food. And they are pretty proud of it $$$. 95th and Metcalf
TM
Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:32 pm by TM
Well we made it as far as Knoxville, a little over two hours left. Since we don't have to be there till 2:30 that shouldn't be much of a problem.Roads were a lot worse today just south of Paducka. One lane clear but the other was snow packed. Several more in the ditch and quite a few big rigs down on the side of the road.
TM
Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 pm by TM
Sorry I haven't been around much folks, life is throwing some pretty hard punches right now. Part of me wants to get on here but most of me doesn't want to go off on a tangent. Then another part wants to go off on a tangent. And before things get started, it has nothing to do with any person here. Some of it has to do with people who were here at one time or another and are now gone in one way or another. It mostly has to do with a client that I have to have to survive who I want to tell to kiss my ass.

A dangerous time for those who venture here. Some won't hear what they want to hear.

To be honest there is probably be only about 3 people even read it.

Sorry Peeps, I'm down right now. The bus I was thrown under was bigger than I thought.
clouddancer
Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:29 pm by clouddancer
I hope you get better soon.... Life and times of TM - Page 12 838643  Life and times of TM - Page 12 2799 
Sunny
Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:26 am by Sunny
So sorry TM, sure hope all the issues you are dealing with will be resolved quickly so life gets back on track for you.  Life and times of TM - Page 12 2799
TM
Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 pm by TM
I just have to step back, knuckle down and keep doing what I do.
Lindy
Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:13 pm by Lindy
Refresh your system and get back in the ring  Life and times of TM - Page 12 524928  Life and times of TM - Page 12 257141
TM
Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:27 pm by TM
Things are still very touch and go in the business world. Cerner has gone crazy and two of the three that I could be open with are transitioning. The "lady" I had so much trouble from at HIMSS is taking over for one of them. They are so far saying they will not pay any mark up on out of pocket expenses. In other words I pay 5000 to get a project done in hotels,travel and such and in two to three months when that invoice is paid, I get 5000 back. These are people who have degrees in business and they really think people are going to do that. Up to now I've got a 30% return on that money which made it worth it. My answer is going to be that I need a 30% deposit on what I project the cost will be.

Flip side, DSI, another local exhibit company will probably give me a job the day I leave Cerner. It wouldn't pay quite half of my current but I would have no headaches either and benefits. If pushed too hard, there is a path in sight.

But prayers would be appreciated, I'll keep you posted.
Lindy
Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:07 pm by Lindy
Sorry TM,I just saw this.Don't you just love how the big companies can change their mind?Even with a contract they do what they will and dare you to question them.They change their turn around time on invoices at the drop of a hat and don't really give a crap if you eat or pay your bills.We have someone who is interested in buying our company,and we are starting to rethink it.We want to get the heck out of here
and go south.Tablerock Lake will be taking bids on the new visitors center soon,so we will bid.If we get it we will sell out here and with a five year contract,that would Chuck close to retirement.
Theres a lot to be said about benefits,paid vacations every year(which if you are like us,haven't seen those in years)no freaking quarterlies!!!!!!and all the other government garbage.Not worrying about people that don't show up to work,or that apply for jobs with a criminal record a mile long!!
You got my prayers buddy!!!
TM
Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:13 pm by TM
Strange things going on for sure. We were supposed to have a meeting Friday to go over the "scope" of the work I do so that we can restructure the contract/SOW. "Okay I say and just so you can get a small view of a typical day, I'm going to send you the weekly logs I started turning in right after HIMSS. "

Thursday night Friday's meeting is cancelled.
Cerner:" Would you be available on Thursday or the following week ?"
Me:"Yes, of course." 
Cerner; "Great ! I'm going to send you a new SOW tomorrow (Friday) so that it can be signed and we can get it finalized."
Me: " I don't understand how we can finalize a SOW before we have the meeting that is going to help us restructure the SOW."

No response, new meeting invitation sent.
Lindy
Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:02 pm by Lindy
Proceed with caution.I bet they don't want your input.Take two pair of glasses with you and read it twice!! Suspect
TM
Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:15 pm by TM
I think they were trying to back away. Just get the contract signed and forget there was going to be any meeting. I'm not going to let them. We will meet. This time I take the SOW to an attorney and let him read it. What I want to know is what are they going to do if we don't agree, tell me to stop working ? I have two guys leaving for a three state tour over the next two weeks. Do they really want me to bring them and my truck back home ? I'm going to DC on the third on a 20x40 booth that no one else has even seen. Shall I stay home ? Really ? I have shows in San Diego and Nashville on the 3rd. Who pulls that ? They don't know which pods they are even asking for. Who calls for a truck ? They don't know who we use to carry what or what the process is to make it happen and get it there on time and back.

They've kind of pushed me into a corner and well, that usually doesn't end well. One of the ladies that I disagreed with said the last time we talked, screamed actually " What do we pay you for ? " She may well find out it is a huge amount of stuff that she doesn't see. She will see it and hear about it when the show doesn't go on.
Lindy
Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:42 pm by Lindy
rofl3 Sounds like she plans on leaving a shoe print on you on her way up the ladder!!!!!Kick her ladder!! Life and times of TM - Page 12 247752
clouddancer
Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:47 pm by clouddancer
NAW, TM...don't just kick her ladder...wait until she's up there a ways and set FIRE to the bloody thing and see where she goes as the fire moves up the ladder.....HE-HE-HE-HE-HE-HE!!!!!   Twisted Evil

I hate people like that...they don't know beans from apple butter but they are going to dictate to you how to do your job...I found a T-Shirt that would fit the bill if you were an RN...it says...

Life and times of TM - Page 12 $_1

What's going on with you is one of the reasons, precisely, WHY I worked nights....no fool supervisors or Drs interfering with how I do my job when the biggest share of the time they don't know what's going on....Makes you want to pinch their heads off!!!

About keeping a journal on the things that are going on....ALWAYS document...get a premade, dated book and write down everything that happens...how much time, money, supplies, personnel, union monies paid out and ANYTHING else pertinent to the job at hand...keep receipts, be objective and factual, don't embelish...as they say..."Just the facts, please"...This should do you well in court...as we were taught..."If it ain't charted it wasn't done!!!!!!!!"  Some always said I evercharted but I know different...My patients bills were paid and Medicare couldn't deny things like supplies for a dressing change because I charted the exact supplies I used so they had proof the dressings were used and couldn't deny the charges...NTM I was only named in one lawsuit and I never had to go to court for it because I documented everything so well...I went to the defending (Hospital) lawyer, read the 12-hour shift flowsheet I worked with the patient and answered all his questions with the documentation to back it up...and they had all the answers they needed from me....if you do this consistently you will CYA admirably...
Sunny
Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:23 am by Sunny
There's no perfect job, but sure seems like you are coming up against some corporate bean counters without a good understanding of what it takes to pull off what you do.  Maybe too with the tremendous expenses they will have with their huge future growth in facilities departments from within were probably told to cut a certain percentage of expenses.  Not uncommon for really good salesmen in a company to all of a sudden have the percentage of commission lowered. Talk about dumb!!  But corporations deal and run their businesses to improve their bottom line with as few people and expenses as possible.
Doesn't help in this economy that there are so many looking for work they like to think they are in the driver's seat and will try to get the same results while on their end putting out less.
clouddancer
Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm by clouddancer
UMMM, TM...CT asked me to post this to you in a PM because you would be mad at me for doing it...I decided to post it out in the open so others could see she has her moments just like the rest of us do...I don't think you will be mad at me for posting a note of prayer for you no matter where it comes from...If it does upset you please PM me and I'll not do anything like this again...BTW she already knew you were having trouble at work when she asked me about it...I told her someone was wanting to not pay you what was billed...
I asked her if she wanted me to tell you what she said because I don't want to make ANYONE mad...but I thought you wouldn't be mad.
She has asked several times about Water too and I tell her if she asks how he is doing...she already knew about Water's stroke from somewhere else, too.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:57 pm
OK.   I guess you can tell TM I"m sorry to hear he's having problems and that I'm praying for a speedy resolution to them.  I know that he works hard and does a very good job at what he does and it's not fair to him that people want to play games that affect his livelyhood.    Of course, you know he's going to get ticked off at you, so better tell him in a pm.   

Tomorrow is my party.   Going to go have a great time.  I know a couple of retirees that are going to be there.   YES.   Good friends.

Only Islander that know I retired is TNT and P.  P, I just told.  TNT knew when I announced it.
Sunny
Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:17 am by Sunny
You read Tuesday's KC Business Journal , TM?  You may already know the info, but thought I'd mention just in case there's anything new for you.

Hope CT will enjoy life as a retiree, and able to do things she may not have had the time for while working.
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: