The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 4 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

TM
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:20 pm by TM
Most of the post that started this didn't even pertain to CT. That said posting as a guest, IMO, only made matters worse. Sorry but I'm not buying that it's easier to read a blog that way. As far as the issue between CT and Cloudy, I've read Cloudy's post a dozen times now and all I see is a caring person joking about taking naps to help in healing. What she got in response was a mind your own business response. If that is your idea of rules only applying to you, I disagree with the entire notion.
Anonymous
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:24 pm by Guest
whatever. I"m not going to respond to this here or elsewhere.
clouddancer
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:05 pm by clouddancer
I'm sorry Lindy...just this once...

CT said

whatever. I"m not going to respond to this here or elsewhere.

That's because you know you are wrong and refuse to apologize.

Enough said.
TM
Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 pm by TM
What a great day, I'll post some pics in the picture thread.
Lindy
Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:43 pm by Lindy
I'm glad you had a great day.Looking forward to seeing the pics.Headed to bed and will take a gander at them tomorrow. Life and times of TM - Page 4 18255
TM
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:13 pm by TM
Well it's been a while since I made an entry in this thing so here goes nothing. Life's been good, very busy and always some challenges but good none the less. There is a claim out there in cyber space that I'm depressed. Really ? Couldn't be more wrong Arm but I know you aren't really interested in facts. Anyway enough about that. Our Island has been conspicuously quiet lately but I'm not going to address that. It will either come back or stay quiet. Fact is I'm not sure what I want to say. I guess I'll go with a few things I think folks need to do to live a better life. I know most of you already know and practice these things and some others that I will forget about.

1 Be you but don't expect me to be you.
2 Be honest. Both with yourself and others. You will sleep much better.
3 Be open in your dealings. Backroom gossip, deceit and slander are not endearing qualities. And those you are talking to know that the other side of the page has you talking about them instead.
4 Be understanding. Everyone does things differently, let them. If someone isn't hurting you, let it go.
5 Be busy. Idle hands ( and minds ) truly are the Devil's workplace.
6 Say what you mean. Not what you think someone might be able to decipher from your comments.
7 Mean what you say. Consistent promises, apologies or misstatements become the expectation after a short amount of time.
8 Be patient. The world is not on your schedule believe it or not. Other people have lives and there are things happening in those lives that you don't know anything about.
9 Be gracious. It means not getting your way and still being happy sometimes.
10 See beauty. If you search out good, you will see good. If you search out negative, you will find it too.

And so you have it. Now there are those who will say or at least think that I don't do well at following my own advice. To you I say sorry, too bad. I do what I can do and I don't do it for you. There are others who agree and try to do most of these things on their own and hardly needed my advice. This wasn't really to you as much as it was "for" me. Thank you friends.
clouddancer
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 pm by clouddancer
What sage advice, TM. I will endevour to practice these things more consistantly. Thank you very much.
TM
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:56 pm by TM
clouddancer wrote:
What sage advice, TM. I will endevour to practice these things more consistantly. Thank you very much.

As will I Cloudy, this certainly did not mean that I had mastered any of the 10. I'm a work in progress.
Lindy
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:48 am by Lindy
I get on here this morning and had recieved a wonderful pm,then I read this.The weather is beautiful and Chuck is fixing breakfast.I slept well and am ready to get to work in the flower garden I'm planning.TM-everything you said is right on the money.There are people that will tear you down and there are people that will lift you up.Your choice.
As far as it being slow on here at times,I don't think of this place as a race in life.I think of it as a comfort that when I get on here,I'll be comforted.I would rather see 10 posts that make me feel better than 50 posts that disturb me or others.Its that simple.
TM
Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 pm by TM
Seems I haven't been around much. I know I feel like that. It's just been busy in an extreme sort of way.Surprise events that come up with two days notice. Two truck loads of components unloaded in the street because the truck couldn't get to the dock. Parked on a hill and sharing a freight elevator with hotel staff who think they can store things on it. I've been getting home eat, shower, check in here but not take the time to think much or formulate a thought may be more like it. It's been good for the books I know that. I think it's slowing down but then I'm also getting ready to head to Vegas and then Scottsdale. ( Oh maybe I can buy Liz dinner again.......maybe not. ) Anyway, that's the deal.
clouddancer
Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 pm by clouddancer
Don't work too hard, buddy. Stay safe!
TM
Post Thu May 10, 2012 2:20 am by TM
An interesting call this afternoon. Someone's voice that I don't recognize telling me he has a project coming up that is 10 or 11 days in Salt Lake City, once in July and once in August. Two of my slowest months, not that that is such a bad thing I like a little slow time. Anyway this guy is pumping me all up about how there are only three people he is considering. From what I'm understanding right now it is a huge booth, around 200 x 500, around 35 to 40 truck loads from a wide variety of sources and going back to those same sources when the event is done. All sounds real good till he gets to what he is talking about paying, I would be taking a cut to work 12 hour days out of town. If that's the deal, it won't be happening. I'm kind of figuring if he wants my special talent "his words not mine", he needs to be prepared to pay at least what I get at home. I was getting a little info overload on the phone so I told him I could make time on the schedule but he needed to send me the whole deal in writing before I could commit to much more. Keep your fingers crossed, if it goes well and pays right it sounds like it's an annual event twice a year.
Lindy
Post Thu May 10, 2012 2:51 pm by Lindy
I guess you have to decide if its worth it to you.I can't tell you how many times we bid a contract too low and then have to live with it.Stick to your guns on price.Would be an opportunity to branch out,tho.Got my fingers crossed.
TM
Post Mon May 14, 2012 3:52 pm by TM
Well I don't need to look for rooms in Salt Lake. The guy called today and is offering half what I make hourly, half what I get in per diem and ot doesn't kick in till after 12 hours.

I told him the truth, I can make twice that and sleep in my bed, no thanks. The kicker is that the other people he said he trusted to do the job are going to be every bit as high if not higher. Good luck with THAT.
clouddancer
Post Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 pm by clouddancer
If the "others" stick to their guns re: costof their services like you do he might just come crawling back to you...Stick to your guns!!!!!!!!!!
TM
Post Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm by TM
No worries. One of the names that he mentioned was my old boss. Well into 6 figures and I know for a fact will laugh in his face if he makes the same offer. Just another guy wanting a Cadillac on a VW budget. Besides I have a Vegas trip around that same time that I would have had to get someone else to do. And I would have paid them more than he is offering and still made the money he is talking about.
Lindy
Post Tue May 15, 2012 7:02 am by Lindy
Hey-Watch it on the VW comments!!You might hurt my feelings:D Life and times of TM - Page 4 165319

You know the old saying"You get what you pay for"He may just get it.
TM
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:26 pm by TM
FY if you can't take a joke. That seems to be the first thing people have to say when they are making the joke that you don't find funny. How it is that a person is somehow obligated to take a joke as a joke or teasing as teasing, is something I will never understand. Specially when it is coming from someone you may have had issues with over a long period of time. If there is someone I have had issues with, I don't want to hear their jokes, I don't want to be teased by them like we are old friends when we aren't. And what is teasing ?

tease (tz)
v. teased, teas·ing, teas·es
v.tr.
1. To annoy or pester; vex.
2. To make fun of; mock playfully.
3. To arouse hope, desire, or curiosity in without affording satisfaction.

Sounds to me like it is something done between close friends who understand one another or something that isn't a good thing. Something that should be done with care if at all. Friends can mock playfully, if one isn't a friend I would think the "playfully" part is lacking.
I've been told by some ( usually in defense of a defenseless person ) , people just don't know how to take so and so. Bull crap ! So and so is an obnoxious POS who can only be "taken" in the light they themselves create. People know well how to take another, it's more that they aren't willing to play the same games.
Before anyone jumps to a conclusion, this isn't all about recent events. Some yes, some no. This is more a rambling about thoughts in general. Read into it what you like. Or maybe you just don't know how to "take" me. LOL
Mystroy
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:21 pm by Mystroy
Fascinating. I can only begin to imagine what it all means.
TM
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 pm by TM
Here is something that I find fascinating. Most of you may not realize it but we haven't had a single registration come in with some weird name since we decided that registrations would be by invitation only. I find that very odd to say the least, specially since that was only discussed where our members could read it. Coincidental ? Could be, or it could have other implications.

Just a little something to think about for you conspiracy lovers out there.
Mystroy
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:42 pm by Mystroy
TM, it doesn't really seem that mysterious to me. It actually all seems crystal clear. I mean, through the haze of bluish green tinted Island glass, but still. Clear as a bell, on some levels..
TM
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 pm by TM
It doesn't seem strange to you that after an internal discussion and a change in methods, all the phony registrations stopped ? Okay
Mystroy
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm by Mystroy
ROFL!!
TM
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:03 pm by TM
Why is that funny ?
Anonymous
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:04 pm by Guest
TM wrote:
It doesn't seem strange to you that after an internal discussion and a change in methods, all the phony registrations stopped ? Okay

and just how many LEGITIMATE registrations have you gotten during that same period?

Oops.....I forgot. I am NOT supposed to respond to anything on island. oh well. My mistake
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: