The Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island

Beautiful Tropics and Hot Topics

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life and times of TM

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TM
Most honored among Natives
Most honored among Natives
TM

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet
My mood is....:

Life and times of TM - Page 5 Empty
PostLife and times of TM

I'm thinking I am going to try this blog thing again. This time I have left it open to all including visitors. All will be able to make post and to read post.

To start things off let me say, I'm tired. Not just a little now and then, I'm tired most of the time. I want to be 30 again and to have the energy and drive that I had then but with the experience I have now. Yeah I know, it doesn't work that way. I know I have been blessed in life with abilities that frankly a lot of folks lack. I should be grateful that my life has gone as well as it has but find myself wanting more and better. While I haven't changed the world, I do feel like I have made accomplishments that many wouldn't even try. I like me. I know that there are some who don't and that's alright, I don't care much for them either.

More to come but it's hard to say when or what that might be. Do I bore you with the daily details of my life ? I don't know why that would interest you. Shall I expound on my feelings ? I don't know that I'm able to let people get that close. I guess we shall see what we see

Back to top Go down
http://stapletonexhibitservices.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Life and times of TM :: Comments

Mystroy
Re: Life and times of TM
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 pm by Mystroy
Every single thing about the Eye Land is funny, these days.. Hey if you can't take a joke, then what is it all about, anyway? As far as I'm concerned, everyone should just calm the EFF down!!!!! It's all so incredibly rediculous!!!!! We were all supposed to be a FAM and that's what we all are, in my mind. I love every single one of you, without fail... You will be ok, TM. Whatever you are dealing with, you will be ok... In the words of a great scholar, it will always be ok, no matter what happens...
TM
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:13 pm by TM
I simply said what I was thinking My, I'm not going through anything.

CT,Same smart assed kind of remark that make it hard to go forward.

No one ever said you weren't supposed to respond to anything on the Island. What I said, and I tried to be clear, was that I don't want your teasing or jokes towards me. Play them with one of your friends. If you would like to discuss why I think what I do, fine, but I don't need you putting words in my mouth.

So I guess what you are saying in your offhanded way is that since there have been no legitimate registrations, the idea that someone already on The Island was doing all the phony registrations, just can't be so. The two are not related, never have been.
Anonymous
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm by Guest
TM wrote:

No one ever said you weren't supposed to respond to anything on the Island..

No....You never said it. I did. And now who is putting words in who's mouth? All I asked was how many legitimate registrations have you had in that same time period? Nothing sinister about that question. Nor was I insinuating that someone on the island was doing it.
TM
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:30 pm by TM
What words did I put in your mouth ? I guessed at the meaning of your post. I never said that you said anyone on the Island was doing the phony registrations, that was my thinking actually. I never implied the question was sinister in any way. What I said was that the two, legitimate registrations and phony ones were not the same. We have had a handful of legitimate registrations over the last year. We have had dozens of phonies. One has nothing to do with the other as far as I can see.
TM
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:28 pm by TM
I am trying very hard to see the wonders I spoke of this morning. The world is making it VERY difficult for me to do that today.

This too shall pass.
Anonymous
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:38 pm by Guest
Accept it's just a crappy day and keep chugging on. It usually gets better when you do. Remember everything happens for a reason and although we
Might not understand it. God sees a bigger picture
Mystroy
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:44 pm by Mystroy
Sorry you're going through a rough time, TM.
Anonymous
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:59 pm by Guest
Remember God didn't promise us a life without rain, but He does give us a rainbow. So when it rains, go stomp in puddles and dance in the rain.

It's a beautiful sunny day here if you ignore the black clouds.
TM
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 pm by TM
Thanks guys and like I said this will pass, I know it to be true. Being self employed is anything but gravy I can tell you that.
Lindy
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:28 pm by Lindy
You want to switch companies??Life and times of TM - Page 5 473245 I know you will be okay TM.You are tough to the core.It'll be better tomorrow.
Anonymous
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:30 pm by Guest
Sometimes working for others isn't a piece of cake either.
TM
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:33 pm by TM
Lindy wrote:
You want to switch companies??Life and times of TM - Page 5 473245 I know you will be okay TM.You are tough to the core.It'll be better tomorrow.

Thanks Lindy, I know it will all be okay, just a little bitchin' on my part.
TM
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:51 pm by TM
ctrr03 wrote:
Sometimes working for others isn't a piece of cake either.

I thought that when I worked for someone else, I was wrong. When you go to work, you go do your job, drive their vehicle and collect your check. When I go to work I have to provide the vehicle make sure there's gas in it, make sure the insurance is paid, pay for anything that breaks and when the job is done instead of collecting my check I get to wait a month or two till I get anything back. Meanwhile there are transportation expenses, hotel expenses, labor expenses with the first two being paid at least a couple weeks prior to the job even getting billed. A good sixty days before I get it back. Then there's the wonderful IRS who considers me rich I guess. There is no such thing as quitting time, no paid vacation, no sick time, no holidays and no retirement.

I know where you're coming from CT and I do understand that it isn't a piece of cake even working for others but there is no comparison, trust me.
Anonymous
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:08 pm by Guest
[quote="TM"]
ctrr03 wrote:
I know where you're coming from CT and I do understand that it isn't a piece of cake even working for others but there is no comparison, trust me.

Oh I know that. Working for yourself can be equally as bad because you are always on call 24/7. When something goes wrong, it's your responsibility to make it right, no matter what. Plus YOU get the fun of dealing with people that are impossibly demanding....wanting more than they are willing to pay and expecting it.

But, you can do it. You've proven that. Sometimes you just need to let off a little steam, and this is the place to do it. Hey, just be glad the Government doesn't want you to prepay health care for all your employees too.
TM
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 pm by TM
Too true CT, and today.....well

I'm a little teapot.
Anonymous
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:19 pm by Guest
TM wrote:
Too true CT, and today.....well

I'm a little teapot.

But hey, a little steam is always good.

The main thing though, is you are a fighter and not a quitter. You will survive whatever is thrown into your path and can climb over any obstacles to stay on top. It's part of what makes you who you are.
TM
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:28 pm by TM
ctrr03 wrote:
a little steam is always good.

Yes it is. And now off to war. At least I have a battle plan, that's the first step.
Anonymous
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:30 pm by Guest
TM wrote:
ctrr03 wrote:
a little steam is always good.

Yes it is. And now off to war. At least I have a battle plan, that's the first step.

It always helps.......Good Luck
TM
Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:14 pm by TM
Does one ever really know what will and will never be ? Just a thought but we all have those things that make us say " That will NEVER happen."

Who are we to say ?
TM
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:54 pm by TM
You ever just have a really crappy day ? I'm having one. Nothing specific, no certain person, just having a crappy day.
Anonymous
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 pm by Guest
TM wrote:
You ever just have a really crappy day ? I'm having one. Nothing specific, no certain person, just having a crappy day.

Sorry you're having a crappy day. Time to change your attitude and made it better. Seriously though, hope tomorrow iwll be better. Just go sit in your man-cave and relax for a bit.
clouddancer
Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:23 am by clouddancer
Sorry you had such a poopy day...I have those frequently and they are never fun, however...IMHO if I can find something I can really laugh at or about...then it breaks that mood...or if I can loose myself in something, like a book...even the Bible, especially the Bible.Very Happy
TM
Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:24 pm by TM
I swear I will never understand people. Just got an email from a third party telling me how I needed to pull something out and ship it to arrive by the 3rd ( next Monday ). Trouble is I will only be in the warehouse on Friday of this week and it's going to be a full day already.

Do these people really think everyone is just sitting waiting for their next command ?
Lindy
Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:29 pm by Lindy
Is this going to be delivered by TM's transportion division??Don't you just want to tell them to want in one hand and sh*t in the other?Are you going to be able to do that with the weekend and a holiday?

We filed with the NEW(LATEST) government registration system two weeks ago and they still haven't gotten there butts in gear.It drives you crazy sometimes.
TM
Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 pm by TM
What gets me as much as anything is that we talked about these pieces a week or two ago and nothing is said, the when I'm out of town they tell me with one workday left that they HAVE to have them. No, they will be lucky if they get them by 7th.
Post  by Sponsored content

Life and times of TM

Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island :: Blogs :: TMs blog-
Jump to: